— LATEST BOOK NEWS —
* Strange As it Seems Announced as Indies Awards Finalists
* Publishers Weekly review describes Strange As It Seems as “exceptional” storytelling and a “peculiar page-turner.”
* Bookwatch: “… deftly crafted, inherently fascinating, thoroughly riveting read from first page to last …”
* Book Takes Silver at the Pacific Rim Book Festival
* Cinema Sentries/Journey in Classic Film: “Zahler’s story truly lives up to its title”
* A Strange As It Seems Intersection of Film and Music – Video Interview by Mr. Media as hosted by Bob Andelman
* The Culture News: “Never a book has taken you from laughing to crying within the same page … Eloquent, passionate yet entertaining”
* In the Balcony on Strange As It Seems: “A terrific read and one of the best movie-based books of the year. Highly recommended.”
* Book review: “a remarkable tale of Hollywood history” – Cartoon Research
* Bloodline: Are Our Ancestors Actual Experiences Imprinted in Our DNA? – Pasadena Weekly
* “Jacobs brings this amazing figure to vivid life” – Pasadena Weekly
* Smogtown Mandarin wins a Shanghai Book Award
* Chip in in the South China Morning Post Connecting Pollution Hell & Free Trade $
* Smogtown Mandarin Awards: 2015: Wenjin Book Award; Outstanding Popular Science Book by China’s Ministry of Science 2014: Among Most Influential Books in China; Best (English) Book in Mandarin; National Library Recommended work
* In Politifact “Jerry Brown’s Hazy Claim: L.A. ‘Invents Smog’
* In LA Observed’s “From ‘Smogtown’ to Model for the World?”
* The People’s Republic of Chemicals Take Gold and silver at the Green Book Festival
* The People’s Republic of Chemicals Named IndieFab Book of the Year Award Finalist
* Kirkus praises as “powerful,” “hard-hitting,” “scathing”
* Chip’s Q&A comparing Los Angeles and Beijing in the New York Times’ Sinosphere
* Writing The People’s Republic – Q&A in Wall Street Journal’s ChinaRealTime
* Bill’s Q&A on the China Urban Development Blog
* The People’s Republic of Chemicals Earns Strong review from ChinaFile
* Chip on Marketplace Radio series, “We Used to Be China” series
* The People’s Republic of Chemicals Garners Pasadena Weekly’s sterling review
* Chip and William J. Kelly on coal and climate change (CCTV-America) and U.S. culpability
* Co-author William J. Kelly previews chilling, provocative material from book in series for Inside Climate News
* The Vicodin Thieves: Best compilation/anthology, Southern California Book Festival
* The Vicodin Thieves: Vroman’s bookstore bestseller
* Foreword magazine makes The Ascension of Jerry “staff pick” book
* Great critique of The Ascension of Jerry from Midwest Book Review
* Chip chats true-crime writing process in featurette out with DVD release of the movie “Sinister“
* Chip dissects The Ascension of Jerry on “Connie Martinson Talks Books” show
* Chip’s alma mater, USC, spotlights Chip’s five desert-island “Must-Read” books
*The Ascension of Jerry wins silver at Hollywood Book Festival in general nonfiction category
* The Ascension of Jerry: Vroman’s bookstore bestseller
RECENT ARTICLES & OP-EDS
* “Chromium 6 Suspected at Disney” – Los Angeles Times, August 22, 2012
* Governor Jerry Brown can do more to green up California, Bloomberg View, May 29, 2012.
* What if Republicans Closed the E.P.A.? The New York Times, Aug. 25, 2011.
* The mystery photographs of RFK in Los Angeles shortly before his murder. chipjacobs.com, May 5, 2011.
* “Does the Climate Bill Have a Chance?” The New York Times, May 9, 2010.
* “California’s Solar Scorecard,” The New York Times, April 22, 2010.
* “Earth Wind and Wire: Going Beyond Solar Panels,” The Los Angeles Times, Feb. 7, 2010.
* “Recession May Forge Housing Shift in California,” The Los Angeles Times, Sept. 13, 2009.
* “Air of Deceit. Was Convicted Smog-Credit Swindler Anne Sholtz Part of Shady International ‘Money Repatriation’
Schemes with Links to the CIA?” Pasadena Weekly, Aug. 20, 2009.
* “House Hunting? It’s Not a Buyer’s Market Everywhere,” The Los Angeles Times, May 3, 2009.
* “A Strong Signal on Global Warming,” The New York Times, Jan. 26, 2009.
* “Prepare for a Quake? L.A.’s too Busy,” The Los Angeles Times, Sept. 24, 2008.
STRANGE AS IT SEEMS: THE IMPOSSIBLE LIFE OF GORDON ZAHLER 2016 – YOUTUBE CUT
DIGGING INTO HOW RAMPANT COAL BURNING IN CHINA 2.O IS OVERHEATING A WARMNG PLANET – CCTV-AMERICA
THE RISE OF SMOG IN CHINA – CCTV-AMERICA
ASCENSION OF JERRY: MURDER, HITMEN AND THE MAKING OF L.A. MUCKRAKER JERRY SCHNEIDERMAN –YOUTUBE CUT
A STAR IS BOUGHT: CNN/EW EXPOSE ON JOHNNY GRANT AND THE SHAMELESS HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME – 1999 – YOUTUBE CUT
LOS ANGELES TIMES FESTIVAL OF BOOKS PANEL “UNKNOWN LOS ANGELES, SPRING 2009 VIA C-SPAN BOOK TV